Saturday, April 5, 2014

Weigh in and THE PLAN. June 4, 2013

One of my biggest holdout’s to exercising in the morning, is my laziness. I don’t sleep in, I have no trouble getting out of bed, actually, I’m up at 6 o’clock most mornings despite not having to leave for work until 8. My problem is that I like sitting in my chair reading blogs and watching TV. It’s “me” time. I watch programs that my husband isn’t interested in watching and that I can’t watch when the kids are up (can’t concentrate on TV when the kids are yelling, fighting, talking, laughing, squealing, “Mama can I have my milk/juice/snack/breakfast/lunch/supper/bath/nap now” ‘ing).
This morning laziness is ending, at least during the week. I NEED to get my butt out of that damn chair and walk, run (when I’m allowed). There is nothing stopping me, but me.
Today I started with a personal trainer! Her name is Krista and she’s probably my age, and not a super skinny blond chick who has never truly battled with her weight, she gets me! I talked to her briefly about my goals, not much emphasis on the number on the scale, but I want to gain muscle! I’d rather be 160 pounds with rocking awesome biceps than 140 pounds and flabby!
We did legs today… and holy cow has the last month of being off exercise of any kind really done me in! My legs shook the whole time! Even during stretching afterwards! So I’m sure I’ll be sore tomorrow!
As for points. I’ve never been able to go down to 26 points (the lowest you can go on Weight Watchers). I was at 28 for a while, then bumped it up to 29, then 30. There really isn’t anything wrong with eating 30 points of food in a day, (it’s almost always healthy food, I need to eat more at work as I’m moving a lot) but I want to see if I can get down to 26. If I need more, I need to earn them. The whole point of activity points is to eat back the calories you’ve used in healthy food, ie, protein. So my food plan, is to wean back down to 26 points, use my WW’s pedometer, track my activity, and if I need extra points, take it from what I’ve earned. I’m going to try and not use all of my weekly points this week, see how I do.
I know that with a little better diet management and increased exercise, I can have the last few pounds gone quickly, especially since I’ve been half-assing it for the past few months!
Weigh in was today…
I was down 1.4! Even after a good leg workout! So my total weight loss is 84 pounds, still 4.8 pounds up from surgery, but I’m knocking it off! I still have quite a bit of swelling in my breasts and upper abdomen, I know it will take time for that to come off, so I’m not too concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment