Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Bridesmaid dress hell, recommitment, 24 weeks down!

I'm now determined to get my butt in gear!  I went with a few girlfriends to pick out bridesmaids dresses for a good friends wedding in November.  I hate bridal sizing!  I was a size 20.  So depressing!  We're not ordering the dresses until June, so I'm hoping to get down at least another 2 sizes before then.  They say they can take in a dress 2 sizes....   If I order the dress that fits me, it might be a sack when the wedding rolls around.  If I order a couple sizes smaller (which the store won't do) I run the risk of it still being too small come september.  Ugh.  Well, time will tell how things are going to go next fall!  Oh the joys of steady weight loss :/

Weigh-in was yesterday and I was up 0.8 lbs.  I'm thinking I was up because I had a big work out, big smoothie, lots of water, lunch, right after, about 2 hours before WI, but I wasn't as good this week as I wanted to be.  Next week I'll be doing the same thing after the gym so I should have a good weight loss, hopefully.

My best friends wedding is this weekend, then DH's birthday.  I'm determined to fall back into my routine from a couple of months ago when I was losing 1.5-2 lbs per week.  I know I can do it again.  The past couple of months I've let myself have a little more junk, not tracking if I'm eating out, you know how it goes.  One week good, the next a write off.

So as of this week I'm recommitting to weight watchers.  I know it works.  When I put in the effort it works, when I don't, it doesn't.  My goal for April is to lose more than 1.4 lbs each week.  I'll keep ya posted!

4 comments:

  1. Why wont the store let you order a dress a few sizes smaller? Oh maybe because it has to be tailored or something? How long can you hold off on the purchase? I hate that...that is why I buy most of my clothes from Goodwill so I won't have to worry about if it'll fit me down the road.. poop head bridal store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might fight for that. I think they just want you order the size you measure for so they don't have the wrath of a hundred women not fitting into their dresses! I get a lot of my stuf from goodwill or on clearance right now too. I can't fathom spending a ton of money on clothes that are only going to fit me for a few months!

      Delete
  2. Hi! Found your blog through Runs For Cookies! Glad to find someone else who is on this journey of losing weight and getting healthy. I'm kind of doing my own thing but my daughter is following WW online. She's been doing it for 2.5 weeks and has lost 4.6lbs!!! She only has 20 lbs to lose and wants to see it gone before she starts high school in the fall.

    Wow, bridesmaid shopping sounds tricky during weight loss! It will be fun to see what size you are in June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog! Wow that's awesome about your daughter!!! It will be so good for her self esteem going into high school with that accomplishment! Weight watchers works, it really does! And it's pretty easy to follow too! Yeah bridesmaid dress shopping sucks! It hurt being in a size 20 again after losing 40 pounds. I realized later when talking to one of the skinnier bridesmaids that she was only in a 16 so I didn't feel too bad!

      Delete