Saturday, April 5, 2014

I made my cake and ate it too! July 15, 2013

This weekend was my Niece’s baby shower!  Yes.  At 34, I am becoming a Great aunt. (not that I wasn’t always a great aunt ;)).  Thankfully I feel the youngest I have in a very long time!  I also made a cake for my hubby to take on his last day of clinical as a paramedic student!
I spent the majority of the weekend making and decorating cake.  This is a lesson in self control just about every time I make it and this weekend I think I did pretty well all things considered!
I did sample everything for quality, but really only a little.  I had a good sized piece of cake though at the shower!  It was damn good!
White chocolate cake with raspberries and cream filling, buttercream icing and marshmallow fondant!  I seriously could have eaten the whole thing!
With being so immersed in cake making all weekend, I didn’t eat very well, not that I ate crap all weekend, I just didn’t eat well at all.  Not enough, not really much in the way of veggies, and didn’t get in the water I’m used to.  That coupled with the heat wave going on and my swollen hands and feet, I wouldn’t be surprised if I had a gain tomorrow.
I really think I need to add something into my workout schedule on Saturdays.  It really feels like a long time between workouts on the weekend.  My gym does have a yoga class on Saturday mornings at 9:30…

No comments:

Post a Comment