Saturday, April 5, 2014

Mom is home! June 3, 2013

Sorry I haven’t posted in a while, it’s been a busy week!  Tom worked 5 out of the last 7 days, I had to get the house ready for mom coming home, gardening and kid wrangling of course!
Mom is doing so well, she’s not even a candidate for any sort of homecare!  Which is great, but then it does fall on me to worry about the little things, like making sure she gets her meds and breakfast, and that she waits until I’m home to bathe.  More for me to do.  But that just seems to be the way it goes!
She’s pretty much (miraculously) back to her old self!  One big change I’ve noticed with mom is a good one!  She’s decided that it was her bad eating habits that caused her to have the strokes!  So she’s eager for cut up veggies in the fridge and my healthy home-cooked meals!  What a change!  She used to get upset when I wouldn’t let her eat ice cream for dinner!  I hope we can keep this trend up!
Tomorrow I start back at the gym and have my first personal trainer session! I’m hoping to get a good workout routine in place. I’d like to eventually run in the mornings before work (when I get the all clear to run) and do strength training on my lunches a few days a week. We’ll see what this trainer has in mind, my previous experience with trainers is more that they want you to keep coming to them and aren’t interested in giving you an independent plan to follow. We shall see. I’ll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment