Saturday, April 5, 2014

All clear! June 19, 2013

I had a busy, but nice day yesterday!
I worked the morning then I had my follow-up with my plastic surgeon. All is good and healing well! I have some massaging to do to soften the scars, but he doesn’t want to see me for 2 more months! I was given the all clear to do everything, including running!
So I’m in the midst of working out a plan with the personal trainer for weight training, and I’m going to be doing interval training for the running. I’m going to keep it slow at the moment and move ahead with the weight training. Hard running doesn’t help build muscle at all, so it’s slow and easy for me! That I can handle!
I’m maintaining my weight throughout the summer (If I lose that’s great, but I’m going to try and not gain!) and will still be tracking, still be attending WW’s meetings, but I’m more focusing on building muscle (therefore gaining muscle weight). I weighed in yesterday and was up 1.4. No biggie, I expected that! I had a high points weekend, but I weighed in in jeans and had a good lower body workout the day before. Hopefully with a much better diet this week I can get that back down.
Even though I’m not focusing on my weight this summer, I will be doing my measurements of course, but I’m going to be measuring my widest part of my stomach. I still have quite a bit of fat under my belly skin and it hangs badly. It’s hard to hide! I WAS TOLD that with muscle building and fat loss I should lose some inches through there, so that’s what I’m aiming for!
Today my widest part is
20130619-210802.jpg
44 1/4 inches. Yuck!
Today I walked to and from work and did a good upper body workout at the gym! Feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment