Saturday, April 5, 2014

Fake it until you make it. November 9, 2013

Still holding on at goal.  I’m trying to get down a couple of pounds to have a buffer when hubby and I go to Niagara falls next weekend… I’d like to be a glutton for once!
I commented on someones post on Weight Watchers message boards this morning and thought I’d share. :) These words helped me, maybe they’ll help someone out there in blog-land!
I barely gained anything when I was pregnant, but after. Somehow after having 2 kids I’d gained 60 pounds (after being overweight already) and felt like I was starting a very tough road. My younger sister and I joined weight watchers. She said a very powerful thing. I don’t think she realized it at the time though, but it has stuck with me and I go back to it often. 
“Fake it until you make it” 
She meant it as doing things the way you know they should be done and eventually you’ll just do them without thinking.
At first you’ll feel like an impostor, but eventually you assimilate and are part of the crowd. 
You may have a long road to being fit and thin, but nothing is stopping you from acting like you are. Eat like a thin person, move like a thin person, and eventually you’ll be a thin person. It’s all in the mindset. If you feel like you have an unreachable goal, you will fail. If you live life like you’re already there, eventually you will be. 
We all have faith in you here. Come often and post often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment