Wednesday, January 9, 2013

So done with sickness!

I'm just barely treading water right now!  We were up most of the night with Zaryah again and at 5 am we brought her into Emerg.  5 nights waking up with a fever, vomiting and just being miserable.  Her temp was over 39 c!  That's 102 f!  My poor little duck has a double ear infections :(  She's been dealing with this for that long, I feel so bad!  After only 2 doses of Amoxil she's a totally different kid!  You could tell she was feeling better this afternoon, she was as happy as can be, full of smiles as if she knew she was over it!

Look how much better she is!  My poor peanut!

When we got home from Emerg Lara had woken up and was hot and miserable again.  :(  So I got her right in to see the doctor.  Sinus infection!  So again, another one on antibiotics!

I'm not feeling too great myself, but I need to function for these kiddies.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to seriously drop tomorrow once the girls are really on the mend.  I just feel like I'm barely holding on!

On top of a houseful of sickness, we're trying to make some big decisions.  About where Lara will be going for Junior kindergarden in the fall, we need to register in a couple of weeks.  We want our girls to have faith in their lives and learn all about the bible, how to be a Christian, but I'm just not sure I want them learning certain things I don't agree with through one school, and the other school is public and doesn't offer anything faith based.  So we are considering finding a church and attending as a family, where the girls will be immersed in faith and Christianity, but just not as conservative and exclusive as the religion Tom and I were raised in.  Mostly my fear is the opinion of my family if I put her in a public school.  It's hard being the odd man out.  But in the end, they're my kids and I want to do what's best for them.  If I don't agree with some of the opinions they might be taught, It's my right to not send them there.

On top of that, our van needs some major repairs done and won't last long without them done, nor will it pass the emissions testing in the spring!  So, either we shell out a few thousand dollars we don't have, park the an and live with one car (not really do-able), or look into getting a car loan and finding something newer and more reliable.  Not an easy decision, we've avoided any kind of credit for a while since we climbed back up from credit problems a while ago, so it's daunting to make that leap again, however better educated we are now.  

So today I've been tracking, but with everything going on, I'm not making the best of choices.  I don't know why, but when I'm sick I crave comfort food!  Why don't I become an anorexic like my kids do!  Honestly!




PointsPlus™ Tracker entries

Wednesday, January 09, 2013
Morning
1  bagel(s) Bagels Everything (bagel)
7
2  Tbsp Cream Cheese Spread Herb & garlic cream cheese
2
Subtotal9
Midday
1  serving(s) blue menu angus burgers
5
1  serving(s) Weight watchers hamburger bun
3
1  serving(s) cheddar slice
2
1  serving(s) oikos fat free Greek yogurt
2
1  large banana(s)
0
1  doughnut(s) Yeast Donuts Blueberry Fritter (yeast donut)
9
Subtotal21
Evening
3  cup(s) mixed greens
0
1 1/2 serving(s) Blue menu chicken nuggets
7
1  Tbsp Balsamic vinaigrette
2
1  serving(s) bullseye 2 tbsp
2
Subtotal11
Anytime
1  cup(s) grapes
0
Subtotal0
Food PointsPlus values total used41
Food PointsPlus values remaining0


No comments:

Post a Comment