Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It's the little things

I so often don't buy things I/we need because there are just more important things that need done first.  Thankfully we have a generous family and with Christmas gift cards and generosity I've been able to buy a new comforter for my bed, new side tables, toy storage, extra memory for my Macbook and new winter boots!  Tomorrow I'll be going to Value Village for some much needed clothes shopping!  it's funny how a little shopping can make my mood bright!

We're planning Lara's 4th (OMG) birthday party and I think we've settled on a swimming party!   We took her to Chuck E Cheese today and as much as she liked it, it was too old for her.  She spent most of her tokens throwing ping pong balls into buckets.  Most of the games were too old for her, or you needed to use a lot of coins to get anywhere.   Thankfully she's easily pleased and with the mention of swimming she was all giggles and bounces!

I had a different experience at physio today.  My pelvis recovery is going well, but my sciatic nerve is still "stuck" and causing me a lot of grief.  The Physiotherapist says I have a bulging disk and that nerve recovery can be a long process.  she put me on the traction machine to open up my spine and hopefully release the nerve that's pinched.  Oddly enough, being in this torture device felt good!  The pain down my right leg disappeared while I was on it!  It did come back afterwards though...

The black harness pulled my pelvis down and the white harness pulled my ribcage up (And all my excess skin with it!)  It was super tight!  I laid there in "the rack" for 15 mins!

Tomorrow Tom and I are going on a date!  He's got some school stuff he has to do so I'll be tagging along and get to meet some of his schoolmates, then I'll take off to go shopping while he studies.  We're then going to go to Moxies for dinner the to the movies to see Les Miserables!

I did well for food today, we went to East Side Marios for lunch courtesy of Tom's Grandma ad I ordered pasta.  I ate a third of it for 7 points, had lots of salad and was able to have a good (awesome) sized serving of their garlic home loaf!  I'll probably let Tom eat the leftovers though, I don't like eating too much pasta, just seems too heavy, even though it's pointed out.  We'll see.  It might be lunch on Friday.




PointsPlus™ Tracker entries

Wednesday, January 02, 2013
Morning
1  medium banana(s)
0
breakfast
7
Subtotal7
Midday
1/3 serving(s) Classics (not including salad, soup or garlic homeloaf) Baked Penne Bolognese
7
1/4 serving(s) Soups & Salads ESM House Vinaigrette
1
1/3 item(s) Side Servings Garlic Homeloaf (no margarine)
3
1  tsp margarine
1
3  cup(s) mixed greens
0
Subtotal12
Evening
1  serving(s) Frappuccino® Light Blended Coffee (Tall, Nonfat Milk) Mocha
3
71 1/2 gm cooked boneless chicken breast(s) with skin
3
1  Tbsp Rancher's choice dressing
2
2  cup(s) mixed greens
0
Subtotal8
Anytime
1  small fresh apple(s)
0
1  serving(s) pudding
3
Subtotal3
Food PointsPlus values total used30
Food PointsPlus values remaining0

No comments:

Post a Comment