Thursday, January 17, 2013

Lunch out #2 a success!

Well I survived 2 lunches out this week!

Today we went to Shoeless Joe's and I skipped the lattice fries and buffalo chicken fingers!  I had a "burger salad".  Oh my goodness!  That's the way to do it!  It was just a plain salad, but there was a hamburger patty on it with pico de gallo on top.  It was sooo good!  The burger was really flavourful and with balsamic vinaigrette on the salad, it was yummy!  I really got the best of both worlds!  I got the burger, but didn't get the points of the bun and all of the toppings!  By the time I got to lunch I was so hungry, I didn't get a picture!

We were there to celebrate my birthday obviously as well as the birthday of another woman I work with that was earlier on.  She leaned over to me and as an ernest complement told me that I was very disciplined (that's not the word she used, it was better, but disciplined works).  Referring to my healthy meal even when out celebrating my birthday.


I came across this quote today and I think it really says a lot.   It really does take patience and perseverance to lose a lot of weight.  Many people give up after a few weeks or months.  You need to have focus and put yourself first.  I don't necessarily accept my own body really, but accepting that it takes time to lose weight and even though you're not seeing changes, your body is healthier for it.  I think I need to blow this up for my office.  :)

Tomorrow Hubbs and I are going to the movies to see The Hobbit and I will be indulging on probably M&M's peanuts.  I'm going to indulge here and there on my birthday weekend, but I really don't want to over do it.  I'm really tired of this plateau and I really want to push past it!  I'm beginning to feel like I'm not going to get to my goal by summer (I really shouldn't give myself a timeline, but it would really be nice to have hit goal by then!) and I really want to jumpstart this weight loss again!




PointsPlus™ Tracker entries

Thursday, January 17, 2013
Morning
1  serving(s) cheese string
2
1/2 large grapefruit(s)
0
breakfast
7
Subtotal9
Midday
4  cup(s) mixed greens
0
1  Tbsp Balsamic vinaigrette
2
1  serving(s) oikos fat free Greek yogurt
2
1  medium orange(s)
0
1/2 serving(s) lemon coffee cake
3
1  serving(s) hamburger
7
Subtotal14
Evening
1  sausage and pepper skillet
9
Subtotal9
Anytime
1  small fresh apple(s)
0
1  serving(s) pudding
3
Subtotal3
Food PointsPlus values total used35

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the lunch out! It's really hard to stay on track while eating out, so that's a great success! Happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sometimes I'm good, sometimes I'm not :) I like to compromise with myself though, get something sinful and only have some of it. Or have a hamburger patty and a salad. It's kind of like having my cake and eating it!

      Delete