Friday, January 4, 2013

Date night and shopping!

Sorry about the lack of post last night, but by the time we got home it was after 1 O'clock and I certainly wasn't blogging then!

Tom had a study session at school with a few other students keeners to get ahead of the herd while on Christmas break.  I tagged along and went to a Value Village around the corner.  I got a lot of nice tops, a pair of Naturalizer shoes and a great pair of jeans for $56!

The jeans are very significant.  Bluenotes has always been my favorite brand and for the longest time I was a 34 waist, 30 length.  Then I gained a bunch and couldn't fit in their jeans at all.  Last April  I finally fit back into those 34's!  Then they got too big and I settled for a few hand-me-downs and different brands from the thrift store.  Then yesterday, I found bluenotes!  My favourite fit, 30 length, and 31 waist!  I've never been a 31 waist!

And they make me look like I have a bum!

After shopping I brought the keeners pizza and I picked up a turkey sub with lots of veggies for myself, I did sneak a small piece of cheese pizza though.

We went for a drive dreaming about were we might live once Tom finds a paramedic job after he's done school, then we went to Moxie's for dinner.  I had my usual.  Spinach salad with champagne strawberries and grapefruit vinaigrette served over warm goat cheese on a flatbread.  Of course I ordered it deconstructed so I could track it better and portion out a fraction of the salad dressing that the usually smother it in.  It was amazing!  

My salad was much bigger than this stock photo.  

We then went and saw Les Mis!  Ah!  It was fantastic!  Hugh Jackman did an amazing job playing Jean Valjean!  I loved how they kept the score the same as the musical and didn't play with it as many movies do, it took all I had in me to not sing at the top of my lungs along with the movie!  

I did have some popcorn, 3 twizzlers and 10 M&M's peanuts, but it was date night, and sort of a tradition!  Living life right?  I'm not giving up treats on date night!

                                                                                                                                                                           

Today we had an easy day.  We took my mom and the kiddies to Ikea and had lunch there.  I had a huge salad with a chicken breast with an Elderflower cupcake.  It was small, but I looked up the nutritional info (on a not really trustworthy site mind you) and it worked out to 7 points!!!  Thankfully I scraped off most of the icing!

Dinner was light, cheese and crackers with another big salad.  By the time we got back home it was nearly bedtime and Tom wasn't hungry so that was an easy, yummy dinner for me!

Tom surprised me by saying (after eating 4 pieces of fried fish and a plate of french fries that he felt like crap after eating that and was jealous of my salad.  He said he want's to join weight watchers with me!  He probably has 25-30 pounds to lose and I've been dropping hints for a while that I'd like him to be at goal with me when I get there.  I guess he figured he'd better get his butt in gear!

I'm so excited!




PointsPlus™ Tracker entries

Friday, January 04, 2013
Morning
1  medium banana(s)
0
breakfast
7
Subtotal7
Midday
1  serving(s) oikos fat free Greek yogurt
2
1  medium orange(s)
0
3  cup(s) mixed greens
0
2/3 serving(s) cupcake
5
1  cup(s) cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast(s)
5
1  Tbsp Italian salad dressing
1
Subtotal13
Evening
1 1/2 serving(s) triscuit thin crisps p
4
1  serving(s) pc blue menu light marble cheese 30g
2
2  cup(s) mixed greens
0
2/3 Tbsp Balsamic vinaigrette
1
Subtotal7
Anytime
1  serving(s) pudding
3
1  small fresh apple(s)
0
Subtotal3
Food PointsPlus values total used30
Food PointsPlus values remaining0

No comments:

Post a Comment