Thursday, January 24, 2013

Lara's Birthday! Part two!

We had a great day today!

I woke up at six when Tom's alarm went off.  I didn't have to get up a I took the day off to spend with Lara, but I usually can't fall back asleep, so I got up to have a coffee with him before he had to leave for school.  I wrapped Lara's present and had breakfast while I watched an episode of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix.

Lara woke at about 8:30 and I asked her what she wanted for breakfast and she said "Ice cream" :)  So that's what she had!


She just couldn't wait to open her present!


My mom and I took her to pick out new bedding for her new bedroom (another present she doesn't know about, we're going to paint her bedroom and put up a 4 poster bed!).  We hit Pizza Pizza on the way home for her "free birthday slice".


I was good and had half of a chicken bruschetta whole wheat thin crust pizza.  It was pretty good!  I still prefer my own tortilla pizza ( I can have the whole thing for the same points as half of this one!


After lunch we went home for a few, I had a snack of yellow pepper and dip, then we dropped Zaryah off with my nephew Jordan and Lara and I went to go pick up Daddo! We stopped at Tim Horton's first and got Lara some Timbits and me a coffee.  She shared two timbits with Mama :)

We took her to the movies for the first time!  Monster's Inc 3D was still playing so we caught a matinee.  Had dinner first, I had a hot dog, she had more pizza and Daddo had a burger.  We got popcorn and M$M's peanuts (of course) and Lara got her own little popcorn, pop and Kinder Egg!  Daddo also got her a huge bag of cotton candy! (Pushover!)

We weren't sure what she was going to think about the movie theater.  Dark, loud, could have been scary.  I'm pretty proud of her though, when it got loud she simply put her fingers in her ears!



She really loved the 3D glasses!  They were Monster's Inc collectible ones so she got to keep them!

She wore them the whole way home!

We picked up a birthday cake on our way to pick up Zaryah and stopped at my sister's long enough to sing happy birthday and share cake around!


All in all it was a great day!  I ate well for the first half of the day, lots of junk at the movies and after, but that's a part of life and part of birthday celebrating!




PointsPlus™ Tracker entries

Thursday, January 24, 2013
Morning
12  nut(s) almonds
2
1  oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon
4
Subtotal6
Midday
1/2 serving(s) pizza pizza bruschetta fresco
8
1 1/2 serving(s) heluva good dip
2
1  small yellow pepper(s)
0
1  serving(s) Cake Timbits Chocolate Glazed (cake timbit)
2
1  serving(s) Cake Timbits Sour Cream Glazed (cake timbit)
3
Subtotal15
Evening
5  cup(s) movie popcorn (without butter)
7
1  Tbsp salted butter
3
1  item(s) plain fast food hot dog(s)
7
Subtotal17
Anytime
1  serving(s) m&ms peanuts
7
1  piece(s) homemade cake with icing
14
Subtotal21
Food PointsPlus values total used59

No comments:

Post a Comment