Friday, February 1, 2013

Getting back into activity

It's fricking cold here in southern Ontario!  I don't think it wouldn't feel so bad if it wasn't 20 degrees warmer 2 days ago!

On Monday my physiotherapist gave me the go ahead to start doing core building exercises and to walk as much as I tolerate.  She doesn't want me to start running quite yet, but in 2-3 weeks I'm sure it'll come.  Tuesday and Wednesday I got some good walking in, yesterday was freezing so I didn't go out.  This morning I was sitting here watching the latest episode of biggest loser and decided to use the time doing some strengthening exercises instead of just sitting on my butt browsing facebook.  It's going to be cold here for a while still, I just can't sit here and wait for it to end!

So here's what I did.  Not a lot, but I'm not really supposed to go like gang busters off the start.

15 squats
15 lunges
30 second plank (!!!!!!!!) Yeah a 30 second REAL plank!  Man I was shaking!
15 dead lifts (No weight)

Then my low back started to hurt so I stopped.  I'm going to try and keep this going.  A few different exercises each morning targeting different areas.

I've really been feeling like a lump lately not doing ANYTHING active for 8 weeks.  I'm sure that's added a lot to the fact that my weight loss has slowed down to a crawl...  I really need to get things going again.  So slowly increasing the activity every day, sounds like a plan.

I'm going to start taking my measurements and progress picture monthly now, on the first of the month (ish, I didn't have time to do it today).  I'm hoping this will encourage me to keep the activity up.  Also, with the weight losses getting smaller, I need to monitor something that will change!  At this weight, smaller losses should (in theory) show more on my body.  I'm also posting it all here to keep me accountable to you guys!

I had a great compliment from a patient today, one I know fairly well, nice friendly older man.  He said, :You're not going to continue losing are you?  Because you look fantastic now!  You don't have to lose any more!"  He kept going and I steered the conversation back to the reason he was seeing me, not sure if he was being creepy or genuine, lol!  I guess I'm going to get a lot of that now.  I have 25 pounds to lose before I'm in a healthy BMI, I still have quite a lot of fat around my middle, I really am not over doing the weight loss thing.  I'm not sure how to take that to be honest, not to mention how surreal it is to hear that, I was 250 pounds less than a year and a half ago!

I made a yummy quiche tonight for dinner.  I'll post the recipe in a few days when I have time.  :)





PointsPlus™ Tracker entries

Friday, February 01, 2013
Morning
12  nut(s) almonds
2
1  medium orange(s)
0
1  serving(s) oikos fat free Greek yogurt
2
3  oz uncooked baby carrots
0
1  oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon
4
Subtotal8
Midday
2  large egg(s)
4
1  slice(s) toasted wheat bread
2
1 1/2 serving(s) pc blue menu light marble cheese 30g
3
1/3 medium English cucumber(s)
0
1  serving(s) heluva good dip
2
1/2 oz chocolate candy
2
Subtotal13
Evening
1  serving(s) pea meal bacon
3
1  spinach and cheese quiche
7
Subtotal10
Anytime
1  serving(s) pudding
3
1/2 cup(s) grapes
0
Subtotal3
Food PointsPlus values total used34

No comments:

Post a Comment