Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Activity challenge

My 2 weight watcher's going sisters and I are in an activity challenge and I'm going to keep them honest!  I'm posting our stats on here!  I know, I'm sneaky!  But I love a little healthy competition and I really need to get a move on to get these last pounds off!  I really need a good downslide!

Looks like Becky is winning today :)

This morning I did 25 squats, 20 oblique crunches, a 35 second bridge and a 35 second plank (up from 30).  Then I went for a 10 minute walk/jog (going slow remember) after work.

This was the first time I'd ever run in below freezing temperatures.  I really think I need to get some real "cold weather gear".  Even 10 minutes at -7 celcius made it's mark!


The red swollen bands aren't caused by my socks!  The red bands are swollen skin that was exposed to air where socks or sweatpants weren't covering.  It hurt for a bit!!!

After I had a nice long hot shower, Tom and kids were "doing exercises"


My husband didn't have much time to workout, so he improvised :)  The kids thought it was a fun game and he was exhausted afterwards!!!

We're expecting a big snowstorm over the next 2 days.  Usually it passes us by, but they're promising a major snowfall for tomorrow evening.


I'll get some serious activity minutes shovelling!

Food wise I actually kept to 26 points.  That almost never happens!  Usually I average about 28-32 points in a day.  I definitely don't want to keep this up, I felt hungry quite a bit in the afternoon and was ravenous before dinner!  




PointsPlus™ Tracker entries

Wednesday, February 06, 2013
Morning
12  nut(s) almonds
2
1  medium orange(s)
0
1  serving(s) oikos fat free Greek yogurt
2
3  oz uncooked baby carrots
0
1  oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon
4
Subtotal8
Midday
2  cup(s) mixed greens
0
1  Tbsp Balsamic vinaigrette
2
1  small fresh apple(s)
0
1  Italian wedding soup
4
Subtotal6
Evening
1/2 item(s) cooked boneless chicken thigh(s) with skin
4
1  cup(s) uncooked cauliflower
0
2  caesar salad
5
Subtotal9
Anytime
1  small fresh apple(s)
0
1  serving(s) pudding
3
Subtotal3
Food PointsPlus values total used26

2 comments:

  1. Oh!! -7 degrees, snowstorms!!! You are talking heaven to me :P It's about 95 degrees here and my skin is burning :S

    Have a good one keep working out!

    EMILIO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrr. When it's that cold, I'm an indoor exerciser! Good job on getting out there and getting it done!

    ReplyDelete