Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Years Eve Eve!

We had a nice active day today!  We went shopping looking for skates for myself the took the girls skating!  Doesn't sound too labour intensive, but with two toddlers that insist on being carried all over the mall then hauled into and out of the minivan 6 times, it's quite a workout!

Hockey skates because they're more supportive on my bum ankle!  I got pretty pink laces that clash with my red coat!  Oh well!

I did find skates and we went and strapped them on to take Lara out for the very first time on her little "bob skates"!  We had a great time!  I haven't been skating since I was a teenager and I was a little unsure on my feet, but I didn't fall!  It actually felt great to be out there!  Hubby and I vowed we would go skating one night, just the two of us to shake the dust off!

Lara was a little natural!  I think her small frame is made for figure skating.  It's a sport where her small stature would be an advantage!  She said a couple of times "This is fun!  I'm not scared Mama!"  She even ventured out on her own a couple of times in the circle!

We had such a great time!

Tom looks like a giant beside Lara!

Zaryah was VERY jealous standing behind the boards so we brought her out for a turn around too!  Thank goodness bob skates are cheap!  Looks like we'll need a second pair!

So I have a confession to make... I've kinda been purposefully sabotaging myself the past few days.  The home scale has been dropping quite a bit and I'm only a pound or so away from getting the 75 pound medal at my weight watchers meeting.  I really don't want to get it while I'm just at the weigh in center!!!  So I've been trying to keep my weight the same so I can have a big loss and earn my medal in my home meeting the first meeting back after the holidays!  I choked down seriously drooled over enjoyed fish and chips at lunch today!  I even made my fries a poutine!  (For you non-Canadians that's fries smothered in cheese curds and gravy, so good!).  The problem with this...  Halfway through skating I had THE WORST gut cramps!  And it was all I could do to hold it in until I got home and to the bathroom!  I ended up in that state 4 or 5 times this afternoon!  So all was probably for naught.  So if I lose enough and earn the medal, I'll just refuse it and ask for it at my meeting on the 8th.  I don't know why I didn't think of that a week ago!  Lol!  Oh well!  I enjoyed my vacation!

Breakfast

Oatmeal
12 almonds
A banana

Snack

English muffin with egg, cheese and ham.  From Tim Hortons

Lunch

Battered and fried Halibut
2 tbsp tartar sauce
Poutine

Snack

1 Twix piece

Dinner

WW's recipe - Chicken with broccoli in Garlic sauce
1/2 cup of rice

Snack

Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment