Sunday, December 16, 2012

Lack of post yesterday

Sorry for the lack of post yesterday, it's pretty busy around here!  And with sick kids, I didn't even see my macbook yesterday!

Friday night Tom and I went out to a Christmas party/fundraiser.  I got all prettied up, hair trimmed and styled (haven't gone to a hairdresser in 16 months!).  We went out for dinner at Milestones, then ran around looking for something nice for me to wear, I found the shirt at Value Village for 5.99!  I got the shrug for $14 at walmart and the necklace and earrings as well at walmart for $14.  Pants are new too!  Also from walmart for $20, but those I'll wear at least twice a week for work :)  I looked fantastic if I do say so myself!  My hair looked better at the beginning of the night, this was taken at 2am!


The party was fun, I had a couple of drinks but drank water the rest of the night.  There was a huge assortment of food, lots of treats and I didn't have a thing!  I told myself that to enjoy Christmas day, I need to abstain leading up to it.  It's working!  I'm not feeling like I'm missing out either, I KNOW what I'm looking forward to having on Christmas and I'll have earned it by then!

This party was a fundraiser for Food For Life.  A charity that brings nutritious food to hungry people in the area and they had prize tables with all sorts of stuff, we ended up winning a date night!  2 tickets to a local hockey game and $100 gift certificate to a pub!  Sweet!

We got home around 2am and didn't get to sleep until around 3-3:30am.

We were woken up by a call from my sister, Lara was sick.  So off I went to go pick up my little ones.  We spent the morning cuddling, after learning about the tragedy in Connecticut, I was happy to be losing sleep doing just that for my kids!
We did manage to get out as planned and took Tom's Grandma Christmas shopping.  She took us out for brunch at Cora's, my favorite breakfast place!  They give you a TON of fruit in your meal.

This is what I had.  So good!

We managed to get our Christmas shopping done, both kids had naps in the car while I ran from store to store to pick up things.  

I've eaten every meal out in the past two days, but have been totally on plan, yes it can be done!  Snacks just didn't happen, but I wasn't that hungry, looks like I'm getting sick too :(

Here's yesterdays food diary

Breakfast

Everything bagel with herb and garlic cream cheese

Brunch

1 poached egg on toast
1 tsp butter
1/2 cup cottage cheese
A boatload of fruit

Dinner

Sweet onion Teriyaki on flatbread from Subway with lots of veggies




1 comment:

  1. You looked great! That's definitely not my 2am look lol. Congrats on winning a date ;)

    ReplyDelete