Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Uncharted territory

I've been following plan to the "T".  Making sure I get in all my good health guidelines, drink my water etc...

I stepped on my scale this morning and...


I haven't been in the 170's in a very very long time!  And even then, it was only briefly!

I spoke in the meeting last night about being in uncharted territory and how unsettling it is!  As long as I can remember, 180's is where my body wanted to be.  For years, that's where I sat.  So naturally I'm comfortable with my weight right now.  I have energy, I can move easily, I guess that's why the weight loss has slowed to a crawl in the past few months.  The next step down is the unsettling part.  I have to step out of my comfort zone.  Buy clothing sizes I've never ever bought, putting myself out there and receiving compliments even from people who havent seen me for a long time, getting closer to goal and it be me up at the front of the meeting telling my story.

I'm still doing this, but it's a lot more to wrap my head around than I ever expected it would be.  It's not just losing weight.  It's changing a mindset.  Realizing in my mind, why I was overweight to begin with.  Facing the fears of being out there, looked at and complimented.  A big part of me wants to hide behind "fat clothes".  Hell I'm even struggling to put in my new contact lenses because I won't have my glasses to hide behind anymore!  I'm gonna keep on plugging away though.  And when I'm at goal I'll be at goal.  Not on any time line.  I feel much better and more in control when I look at it that way. :)

K I'm done rambling now.  Nite all!

2 comments:

  1. OMG you are rocking this (sorry im not really reading or updating much). the 170's are soemthing ive only HEARD about. maybe i was there for a second in 2007 but that was about it.

    ReplyDelete