Saturday, September 8, 2012

So running with a stroller ain't so fun!

My husband and I went for another walk/run tonight.  A different route, more inclines (kind of hard to avoid though when we live in a town whose name contains the word "hills").  My legs are still a bit sore from Tuesday's run and I had only finished dinner about a half an hour before we went out.  My daughter wouldn't let me run my last run so I had to take the stroller.  We have a great stroller, but it really isn't designed for running, especially with 45 odd pounds of kids in it!

I still ran 890m out of 2.41 km, less than half, but I started the walk trying to keep up with my husbands insanely long legs!


Even though it wasn't as good a run as the previous one, I'm still proud of myself for doing it!  I know in time I'll get better.  Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to do a Jillian Michaels video.  Trying to see if I can do something active everyday.  With the bridesmaids dress looming in a couple of months as well as the Trek or Treat 5k walk/run only a month away, I'm feeling a bit pressed!  In a good way though, just having a hard time keeping motivated!  I wish progress happened quickly!  It's hard waiting for results to show themself!

Edited to add:

I just looked as the mileage from this run and the last run.  I ran longer this time in one interval than I did in my longest one last time!  My longest run last time was 450m.  This time it was 500m!  A half a kilometer without stopping!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey congratulations on the workout!!! That's awesome :) I don't think I can run 500 m without falling to the floor grasping for air :P

    Have a good one!

    EMILIO!

    ReplyDelete