Sunday, March 3, 2013

Weekend away

Despite being sick, hubby and I packed up the kids and headed to Niagara Falls Friday morning!  We tried out a new hotel, a cheaper one, trying to save a few bucks and it worked out nicely!  We stayed at Country inn.  They have an indoor pool, fitness room, free wifi and offered a free full breakfast.

We had a great time!  The hotel was nice, quiet for the most part (there was a room across the hall whose occupants were rowdy and kept yelling out in the hall, but it cleared out after we called the front desk). The kids had a great time in the pool, I took advantage of pulling them around the pool and got some exercise in there :).

We walked to dinner carrying the kids, more exercise, I ate well, a cannelloni, a small salmon fillet, lots of vegetables and salad, plus a glass of wine and a piece of chocolate mousse cake :)

Breakfast was pretty good for a free one, hubby had waffles (make your own in a waffle iron), the girls had cereal and a bagel, plus some fruit, I had my usual!

Oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon, 2 plain eggs and a banana!

We took the girls to the Butterfly conservatory too!  Lara was so excited, she kept talking about butterflies the whole day leading up to us going!  Zaryah thought she was excited, never having seen a butterfly, she just did whatever Lara did :). Once in the conservatory though, she decided they weren't for her.  I've never seen a toddler master the "duck and cover" like she did!  She really didn't like them flying around her! 

On the left you can see her recoiling from the butterfly, on the right she's getting up close and personal with a king cobra!

Usually when I travel, no matter how short or long the trip is, I gain.  Today when I stepped on the scale I was pleasantly surprised, I weighed 0.1 pounds under when I weighed myself on Friday!  
If I can keep it down, I'll be set for a good loss on Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment