Thursday, March 21, 2013

Highs and lows

Today was a weird day.  I woke up with the same headache I went to bed with (for the record, that headache prevented me from eating the pudding I'd tracked, saving me 3 points) choked down my breakfast after sleeping in and went to work. Thankfully I didn't have a busy day and could pay attention to what my body was telling me. I had a dizzy spell around 10:30, didn't feel like having my snack, my headache was making me nauseous.  I took my blood sugar because I was curious if my dizziness was related to my blood sugar (remember I'm a Nurse Diabetic Educator) and yes it was!  My blood sugar was low!  So I choked down my yogurt and tested again a few minutes later and it had come up.  After lunch I felt crappy again and checked my sugar and it was even lower!  I didn't have an afternoon snack packed (very unlike me actually) so I had to have whatever was on hand.  A couple of store brand chocolate chip cookies. It brought it up a bit, but now my curiosity is peaked and I'll be monitoring my sugars for a while.  I have checked my sugars here and there, and they've been low/normal, but the fact that I have dizzy spells that my doctor can't figure out the reason for, I think it's worth the second look!

I didn't get any activity in today with feeling gross, but I intend to really start ramping it up over the weekend once the weather gets better.  It looks like the forecast is going to catch up with the season here!  Check out this forecast!  Above freezing and sunny all week!


Here's my day in food :)


No comments:

Post a Comment