Sunday, July 8, 2012

Bridesmaid dress NSV

I'm in a wedding in November and yesterday we went back to David's bridal to buy our bridesmaid dresses.


The last time we were there was at the end of March and I had on a size 20.  I felt pretty bad about that as I had already lost 30 lbs, but you know dress sizing, they're totally off!  


I was a little nervous going in there.  You know how your mind plays tricks on you.  I had the thought of still wearing a size 20 even after all of the hard work I've put in.  My mind is a little nuts that way.  I'll hold off putting a pair of pants on thinking they're going to be snug, then when I put them on finally, they're too big!  One day my brain won't think I'm fat anymore...


Well yesterday I had on a size 16!!!  It was a little snug over my gigantic boobs, but it zipped up all the way!  I did order the 16 as my bust size probably won't change that much over 4 months and will just have it taken in closer to the wedding.  I felt pretty great coming out of there!








6 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed with your courage. "I decided to change my life" is awesome!

    I teach this exact mindset - the "1% Mindset." It's where we stop hoping for change, and make that DECISION you made. Awesome.

    Come say hi, when you have a chance. http://CoachYourMind.com

    Live a fearless week!
    Dayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's exactly it. I made a decision that I didn't want to be 250 pounds anymore and I've made a commitment to that. I'm not that person I was 9 months ago :)

      Delete
  2. Love it!! Congrats, and I bet you'll look great! Prepare yourself for all the compliments that will be thrown your way that day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm actually looking forward to it!

      Delete
  3. OMG to go from a size 20 to a size 16 rocks. :)
    ive heard that the dress sizes are UK sizes, which are not american sizes. haha i hope that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the dress sizing is really silly!

      Delete