Sunday, April 14, 2013

Freezer meals

I got up around 7:30 and spent most of the day cooking. I'm hoping that if I have pre-portioned meals ready and waiting for me, I won't be tempted to just do take out instead of cooking for myself and the girls while Tom's away. Hopefully it'll help us out while I'm recuperating from surgery too.

I made 44 meals worth of food today!  Potato soup, lasagna, spinach and ricotta canneloni and shepherds pie. The house smelled so good!


I'll be adding to it this week too.  The big bag of tomato sauce will turn into something, I'm making chicken stroganoff tomorrow in the crock pot, then sometime this week I'm going to make crock pot chicken quesadilla filling (it makes a MEAN taco salad!).

Over the 12 days that Tom is gone, I'm planning to get this house in tip top shape. As I won't be able to lift anything heavier than a bottle of water for 6 weeks, Everything needs to be in order so I won't be tempted :). We'll see how far I get with that, lol!  Maybe I'm a bit ambitious!

1 comment:

  1. Just what is the Bhagavad-gita? The purpose of Bhagavad-gita is to deliver mankind from the nescience of material existence. Every man is in difficulty in so many ways, as Arjuna also was in difficulty in having to fight the Battle of Kuruksetra. Arjuna surrendered unto Sri Krsna, and consequently this Bhagavad-gita was spoken. Not only Arjuna, but every one of us is full of anxieties because of this material existence. Our very existence is in the atmosphere of nonexistence. Actually we are not meant to be threatened by nonexistence. Our existence is eternal. But somehow or other we are put into asat. Asat refers to that which does not exist.

    Read the Bhagavad-Gita online for free here:
    http://asitis.com/

    How to read this book?
    First read the Introduction, then start on Chapter 1, read through all the verses, then on to Chapter 2, and so on, until you finish all 18 chapters.

    If you have any questions about the Bhagavad-Gita while you are reading it, if there is some part that you don't understand, feel free to email me and I'll try my best to answer your questions.

    bhagavadgitaquestions@outlook.com

    And in case you are not the philosophical type, a person who likes to read philosophy, then just try chanting the following mantra for just 15 minutes a day and see what the effect of it is in your personal life.

    Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
    Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

    In the end, what do you have to lose?

    ReplyDelete