Monday, August 6, 2012

Renewed vigor

I don't know why it is, but sometimes I just feel successful and totally on it this weekend.  We've been at home mostly and making our own meals again.  I have 48 pounds to lose officially to get to my goal of 145 lbs at Weight Watchers but my ultimate goal is to be smaller than my little sister Annie.  :)  I don't think I've ever been smaller than her!  She fluctuates around 140-145 now that she's gotten to goal.

I'm about 1 size away from fitting into her fat jeans.  Sounds bad, but she's always been the skinny one!  So that's a great accomplishment!

Another thing that is getting me back on the band wagon (not like I fell off of it, but it has kicked my butt a lot!).  The other day a great tragedy happened at our local gym.


A woman drove her suburban right through the front window and drove straight through to the back of the building where the desk clerk Sherry was sitting having a quick break!  She was pinned under the truck for 45 mins before firefighters were able to extricate her through a back window in the office.  She's now in ICU at the biggest trauma hospital in Toronto fighting for her life.

Here is the story.  Woman suffers serious injuries...

Neither Tom or I have been to the gym often in the past month or so, so this has totally made us appreciate all of the great people that work there, especially Sherry who took the time to get to know us and encourage us whenever we went in.  This gym has also helped us keep our memberships even through financial hard times with Tom in school.  I think we really need to start going again once it opens back up!  Her fighting for her life has really made us realize that we need to fight for ours!


No comments:

Post a Comment