Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Meeting my maker. 21 weeks down!


Weigh-in day today!  I'll get to that, but first I want to tell you about my first visit with my trainer.

Jesus is no older than 25 I'm sure!  He's fairly new to the gym but he seems to know his stuff.  He listened when I told him about my limitations.  I like his way of doing things.  He had me doing exercises one right after the other.  To keep my heart rate up.  He likes to combine cardio with weights to make more of the workout.  That's awesome because I don't like/can't do most conventional forms of cardio!

Exercise bike fast x 5 mins
walking lunges x 15
then something that resembled a nazi goose step
then goose steps while kicking my legs out
squats x 20
side toss with a medicine ball x 15
30s break
more side tosses
squat thrusters
lateral raises
more squat thrusters
more lateral raises
chest presses while balancing my back on an exercise ball
deadlifts
more chest presses
2 minutes on a rowing machine at full speed
more deadlifts
wood chops
spartans pull
more wood chops
more spartans pull
then another 3 minutes rowing

I'm stronger than I look though, he'd give me weights and I'd breeze through it so he'd up it, just about every time!  I think I surprised him too.  He kept saying "wow you're strong!"

One thing I think I'm going to love, his focus is boxing and he asked if I was interested in doing that for cardio.  I just about leapt!  I haven't been able to continue with kickboxing because of my ankle and I've missed it!

He said next session (Thursday) will be completely different.

Well I like it so far!

Weigh-in day!

I'm down 3.4 lbs!!!  I knew it was going to be good!  This makes for a total of 38.4 lbs!!!

I'm so doing this weight loss thing aren't I?  Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment