Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Post op appointment


Day 6. Doctors appointment today for follow up. The tapes came off!  Quickly. With some scabs attached. I had a quick peek at some really thin, well healing incisions!  Then the tape went back on. I have significant bruising below my breasts on my rib cage, the doctor said more than I should have, but that he's not concerned about it. I however, find it uncomfortable to have a sports bra resting on the bruising. So Walmart stretchy sleep bras it is!  

I did a quick trip to a thrift store to get a couple of tops. I have no summer clothes!  I was excited that everything fit and all of the options that are now open to me!  I only got to try on a couple of things before I started to get sore. I really can't wait to get healed and get shopping!  I'll post pictures of my finds when I'm comfortable enough to do a fashion show!

I'm still quite swollen, under my breasts and under my arms are the worst. Strangely my breasts aren't as swollen as the rest of me. I'm still up about 5 pounds (or 7 when you count what was removed surgically). Hopefully that'll go down in the next week or so, then I'll be more comfortable!  I did not weigh in today, for obvious reasons. Hopefully I'll be feeling better next week and can go to the meeting if nothing else. I feel quite removed from the whole weight loss and weight watchers thing!  I'm looking forward to getting back into the weight loss groove!

1 comment:

  1. yay for healing :) dont worry about weighing in while you are healing. you have plenty of time to get back on track when you are back to 100%

    ReplyDelete