Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Week one weigh in

I was down 2.1 pounds yesterday!

I used all of my activity points and most of my weeklies, but I was active most of the week and ate as well as I could between indulgences (mainly alcohol and restaurants).

Activity was a big increase this week.  I started walking again, the evenings here are nice and cool since the sun goes behind a mountain quite early, so I've been walking, gardening in the overgrown yard, painting the playroom and a work out I've started that is run by two Nurses here in Kelowna.  It's called HIIT it Kelowna and it's a 12 minute workout challenge that you do for 30 days.

 It's tough, I'm quite out of shape right now, and I have a ganglion on my wrist (a stupid cyst on my wrist that doesn't bug me as long as I don't put pressure on it) that is getting in the way of a few exercises, push ups, mountain climbers etc..  So I've had to modify those. But I'm doing it.  By the end of the 30 days it should get easier.  And really, if it were easy, they wouldn't call it high intensity, so I knew what I was signing up for.

A couple of updates in the PhoenixBlaise life...

Hubby is working and just got his Alberta Paramedic licence!  He'll be working away from home through the fall and winter, which sucks, but the money is good and will help us get ahead.

I spoke with the manager I'd interview with and I definitely have a job in Vernon Hospital!  It'll be Casual which is awesome because I can plan around life, the kids and Hubby's schedule.  I have two weeks left of vacation before I start :D I'm nervous and excited.  I haven't worked in a hospital setting in 6 years and haven't been in a ward setting in 8!  But it'll be good to get my Nursing skills back. Nurses in medical units are under-appreciated, it's a tough job and you need to really know your stuff.  I can't wait to get back into it!

I just got a call (really, while I was writing this post!) and our furniture should be coming tonight or tomorrow!  It's been almost six weeks since I've seen my couch...

No comments:

Post a Comment