Saturday, August 11, 2018

7 weeks in

I've been on this latest weight loss streak for 7 weeks now!  I think that's a record!

I'm down 8.5 lbs, averaging 1.2 lbs a week. I've not been good the whole time, but I have stuck to Weight Watchers meetings, only missing it on the weeks I have to work Wednesdays.



At first I changed a few habits.

I changed my 2 pints of cider a day habit to gin and slimline tonic, with lots of lime juice (real lime, not lime cordial), then finding I like just plain tonic with lime and I don't even really miss the gin!

Cut way down on bedtime snacking, and making more of an effort to eat breakfast.

I also started weighing myself daily at home again.  Now I know that's not recommended, but when I lost 89 lbs back in 2012-2013, I weighed myself each and every day, so if it didn't derail me then, it won't now!

And I started paying attention to the pedometer on my phone, lol! Hopefully I can get a fitbit or something, but for now, I can't really afford it. But really, what will it do for me. Nothing at this point. I'll probably forego one entirely and spend the money on weights, my true fitness love is Weightlifting!

I've started in the last 2-3 weeks paying more attention to the food I buy, more fruit and veg, more from scratch meals, planning ahead etc..

Now as a side effect of these changes, my husband hasn't had his drinking and snacking buddy, so he's drinking and snacking less, and he and the kids are snacking on fruit and veg more, since it's there and handy, so of course he's lost close to 20 lbs!


No comments:

Post a Comment